- The boss Katana KTN-100 is a bedroom practice amp on steroids! It has enough power to be gigged with with its 2 powerful 12" speakers and its power scaling function (from 100w to 50w to 0.5w) with loads of cool effects, programmable presets and a few different amp styles.
- So once you have chosen your amp sound and set your EQ (Bass, Middle, Treble) you can choose the effects you want to run. The amp has got effects on board but you also have access to 55 other effects through the BOSS tone studio app. You can connect your amp to your computer via USB and then upload the specific effect you want on the amp and save it as a preset. A maximum of 3 effects can run simultaneously but you can choose what those effects will be. If you want simple drive, chorus and reverb you can do so. But if you want to be more experimental by combining ring mod with a slicer then you can set that up with the Tone Studio.
- It has 4 memory slots for you to save you favourite sounds and quickly recall them. For example, you could load up a mild rhythm overdrive on tone slot 1 and a screaming lead with loads of delay on tone slot 2 etc.
- One the great things about the Boss Katana amps is that compatible Katana amps can be updated by simply connecting the amp to your computer to unlock a whole host of new features! Version 3 sees the Katana range get 3 new effect types that work brilliantly with any of the Katanas five amp characters but with extra ‘tonal magic’ when used with the Brown channels harmonically rich voicing.
Features & Specifications:
- Rated Power Output - 100W
- Nominal Input Level - -10dBu
- Power Consumption - 77W
- Accessories - Power cord, owner's manual, GA-FC sticker